Joseph C. Oehlers
University of DaytonAdjunct Professor University of Dayton School of Law (Trial Practice And Evidence)
Marketing and Finance positions
University of Dayton School of LawJ.D. Cum Laude Moot Court Board Chairman
Harvard UniversityA.B. Economics
Primary areas of practice include
Commercial litigation, business contracts and counseling, non-profit organization, healthcare and employment law. Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated since 2005.
Joe has spent his entire legal career with Bieser, Greer & Landis but law was not his first profession. After graduating from Harvard with a degree in Economics in 1987, he went to work for Emerson Electric’s Copeland Corporation in Sidney, Ohio, where he held both finance and marketing positions. Leaving Copeland was a difficult decision but in 1992 Joe made the choice to enroll in law school in what had become his hometown, graduating from the University of Dayton School of Law in 1995 with honors.
Most of Joe’s time as an Associate with the firm was spent litigating civil cases, many dealing with business and professional issues. Joe’s business experience and economics and finance background gives him insights that many lawyers may not have. In only ten years, Joe earned Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating and was subsequently named a Best Lawyers in America Commercial Litigator and Super Lawyer. Joe still litigates cases on behalf of individual and business clients but now spends a significant amount of his time organizing businesses, drafting contracts and counseling clients on matters relating to all facets of business, both for-profit and non-profit.
- • American Bar Association
- • Ohio State Bar Association
- • Federal Bar Association
- • Dayton Bar Association
- • DBA Certified Grievance Committee
- • Carl D. Kessler Inn of Court; Past team captain and team liaison
- • Listed in Ohio Super Lawyers
- • Listed in Best Lawyers in America
- • Adjunct Professor, Trial Practice/Evidence, University of Dayton School of Law
- • Past President, Current Member Dayton Metro Library Board of Trustees
- • Past President, Current Member United Rehabilitation Services Board of Trustees
- • Secretary, St. Joseph Children's Treatment Center Board of Trustees
- • President, Harvard Club of Dayton
- • Chair, Harvard Club Schools Committee
- • Member, Medical Group Management Association